The day finally arrived. Avery Brooke Edwards joined our family on May 3rd at 8:33pm. I was induced 5 days early at Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital and we were ALL so ready for her to arrive. Everything went well in the laboring process. YES I got an epidural (love those) only this time it worked a little too well. Once the needle went in there was imediate NUMBNESS! So numb I could not move my legs. I kept asking the nurse..."Now you are sure I am not paralyzed?" But she assured me I was fine. And with time it wore off enough that I could move myself when I needed to.
I was stuck at 7 cm dilation for hours. But all of the sudden as soon as my nurse went home and shift change happened I started to be in a LOT of pain. That is when the hubby got a little woozy! Now Chris is not one for needles...blood...pain etc. But he has never had problems in the delivery room with the boys. But this time HE DID! When the severe pain started the nurse moved me to my right side and checked me and 3 pushes later...Avery was HERE.
She had a LOT of vernix caseosa. She was COVERED in it. But she was PERFECT!
She weighed 7 pounds and was 19 inches long.
We had lots of questions for the nurses on changing a GIRL's diaper...they just said, "yeah...now you've got INDOOR plumbing!"
The boys stayed at home with Grandma and Grandpa Edwards. They came first thing Friday morning and the boys could hardly wait to meet "THEIR" baby!Don't mind the lady in the BRIGHT RED shirt with the BIG-ness all over. She snuck in the picture with the boys! OK, fine it is me...I never like post pregnancy pictures of myself until the kids are atleast a year old! But the boys are so cute in this picture.
The BOYS just LOVE her!
This was the picture of when we took her home from the hospital.They had a hard time sharing "sissy".
Welcome sweet Avery! We could not be happier!

No comments:
Post a Comment