We have been on an organizing/goals kick around here. This usually happens every january, but it has been very successful this year! We have gotten much done including in the fabric room. I sorted all of my patterns and put them in an organized binder where I can find them. I organized my thread and notions including way too much piping and bias tape. We even sorted and listed many fabrics this week. Chris and I spent an evening just him and I on a date night between MANY bolts of fabric. We were checking and double checking our inventory to make sure it was all up for sale on our site and available for purchase. It was a long night but very successful! The fabric business is going very well and keeping us busy.
Between me being ill for months at a time, my busy season for HBC orders, the holidays and family in town for a few months the boys have watched way too much TV. Carter especially! No one is to blame, but me as it was easy when I was puking my guts out and feeling so sick to just turn on the TV to entertain the boys. Or for me to just finish this one last order. Well, with my sweet Carter's imagination I have found that he turns into whatever character he is watching on TV. He becomes a dinosaur, super hero, peter pan, or whomever it may be and he gets very excited and starts acting out when he has spent too much time there. So...this week we are back into the groove (finally) and we have limited TV to 30-60 min per day and NOT the first thing of the day. Plus No iPad all week. What an improvement in everything! He has found other things to do and things that he has come to love!
Playing Playdough has become one of our favorite things to do. We have made snakes, fish, and even a few necklaces and Mustaches! The boys love it!
Oh and the messes that we can make with it!
I don't know how many times I have swept up playdough crumbs that have dried on the floor this week! It was funny, just yesterday Carter sat down on the floor and said, "Ouch...I just hurt my foot!" I said, on what" as there was no object capable to hurting his foot from what I could tell! Then he pointed to a dried up, crist and now sharp piece of blue playdough I had somehow missed on the floor..."Mom I steped on the playdough and it cut me!" It didn't cut but yes it was sharp and hurt.
Eli has been asking his brother to take him to the potty this week. Which I am just fine with! I love the extra hands. However, Eli was gone and quiet a little too long Friday afternoon. I walked into the bathroom only to find this...
Hard to tell, but he was taking the cup form his small potty chair and taking cups of water from the actual toilet and dumping them onto he floor of the bathroom! He was in this picture standing in about a 1/2" deep of water! Toilet water at that!!! Yuck....i disinfected right after that!
When Daddy comes home the boys love to play with Dad! Riding horse is just one of the many Dad plays with them. They also like going on "Bug Hunts" where they take the fly swatters and flash lights and hunt for bugs in the dark with dad!
These boys (all three) are the lights of my life...boy BOY do they wear me out!!! Constant chaos over here at our house...so if you happen to just stop by...please don't be surprised if one is wearing nothing but undies and the other is in a super hero costume! Just another day in the life of a mom with 2 wonderfully BUSY boys! I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment