I have first day of School pictures on my iPhone, so I will have to get those on here, plus so many more pics that other may enjoy. (more posts to come when those show up) But Carter struggled a bit at the start of school. He was not sure if he was left handed or right handed. The teacher asked, and I asked her the same question. He is a bit of a "switch hitter" he uses both hands to write with. But now as time has gone on I see that he does a better job and is more confident as a right handed writer. I would love if he could do both...especially in sports...but whatever he does best at works for me. He is a social butterfly at school and has so many friends.
He has a best friend names "Laura" who for a while was calling him her "husband" and we had a few kisses being given to Carter. He learned quickly he didn't like kisses from girls and started to tell her that he only got kisses from family...whew!
We had a fun story with some of our moral values as well. Carter is a giant sponge and picks up on every tiny detail. But he knows that we do not drink coffee, tea, or alcohol as well as smoking. Well, he wasn't at school more than a week or two and he saw his Teacher Mrs. Downer and her aid Mrs. Mullens drinking their morning coffees. When he quickly announced to them, "Jesus does not want us to drink cofee...It's not good for your body!" The teacher giggled a little at his seriousness, with which he became as serious as a heart attack..."It's not good for our bodies, and alcohol too!!!!" They quickly saw it was not something he wanted them to be doing and they hid their drinks from him. Later both the teachers and he told me the story and we had a discussion at home. But he was just so worried about them and cared for them that he was letting them know.
I volunteered in his classroom one morning when they were making gingerbread men. It was so nice to see him interact and be so sweet to his peers. One of his peers was unhappy and did not want to join their circle for "book look" and he said to her,"I saved you a seat, you can come and sit by me!" She quickly got over whatever she was upset about and joined the group. He has a very tender side and seems to be loved by everyone including his teachers.
Carter had been planning his Halloween Costume for a whole year. Last Halloween (2010) he said he wanted to be Peter Pan. Well, he was serious and planned it all year long right down to the tights! And boy did he play the part.
I had to hide the costume from him after it was finished so that he wouldn't sleep in it, or spill on it before he actually got to wear it for Halloween. He enjoyed the Halloween Carnival they had at the preschool, as well as the ward Halloween party at church! And if anyone called him "Robin Hood" he was VERY quick to correct them, "I AM PETER PAN!" One lady while trick-or-treating even said to him, "I love your shoes" and he replied, "I know!" Manners are a constant battle and HUGE learning curve for these kids!
Thanksgiving we spent with Chris' family in Brighton. Becky (Chris') cousin was in town so we enjoyed a trip to Bronners Famous Christmas Store and the annual Turkey Trot 5K in Ann Arbor. I walked it being that I was and am pregnant and when the race was over and Carter was waiting at the end he said, "Can I run this with you next year?" I quickly replied, "yes let's plan on it!" Becky and I also enjoyed some serious Black Friday shopping the day after Thanksgiving...got some serious shopping done and very little sleep.
Nana showed up at our house on November 1st because Becca and Jon had a baby the end of Oct. So she was with us all through the holidays and into the New Year. Getting ready for Christmas with Nana was fun. We made cookies, read lots of Christmas stories, did the Advent Calendar, and had a new visitor come to our house "Elf on the Shelf".
Carter named our Elf "Twinkle" He loved this elf and spoke with her and believed in all of her magic. She goes home to Santa and reports kids behavior to Santa each night while they are sleeping and when they awake she has landed in a new place in the house. Now, you can't touch the elf or she will lose her powers.
So Carter was trying to get something off of the mantel where "Twinkle" just happened to be sitting. He accidentally touched her and he began to cry!!! I mean tears of pain and sorrow!!! "MOM, I accidentally touched Twinkle...she is going to lose her power...Oh No!!!" I mean he was beside himself! He cried to Nana and was SO upset! We convinced him that she understood it was an accident and they she would be OK. The next morning she was still alive and had all of her powers, he was SO relieved!
Chris was worried about the boys getting into the Christmas tree this year. So he told them that is they touched the tree that it sounded an alarm to Santa and Santa would then send Dad a text saying that they had touched the tree and with each touch then Santa would stop working on any gifts he may have for Christmas! Boy was Carter sold on this LIE too! Anytime he bumped or came close to touching that tree I would catch him wispering, "Sorry Santa!" to the tree! Carter was in the spirit and believed all the magic of Christmas this year.
He saw Santa 3 times this year...church party, PAT play group and Preschool! By the third time he told Santa, "I already saw you and told you what I wanted!" And what did he ask for...a jellybean shooter! That was all he asked for from Santa.
He loved helping Eli and teaching Eli about Christmas time and traditions. It was fun to watch.
He would open each gift and say, "That was just what I wanted!" It didn't matter if it was a shirt or a remote control car..."It was Just what he wanted" despite the fact that all he asked for was a jellybean shooter and he didn't even get that!!!
What was even more funny was to watch him at church on Christmas Day! There was a musical program and the primary kids sang "Away in a Manger". Carter was standing there and not singing a thing, but plugging his nose the entire time while making a face of pure disgust! When he returned to his seat he told his dad, "Something stunk up there dad!" Oh how he is honest!
I love this family picture...one is picking his nose and the other sticking his tongue out! Gotta love these boys!They sure were handsome though! We had a very Merry Christmas and Carter loved having all of his family here! He loved playing with his cousin Nikolas who is 9 as well as his cousin Lillia who is 2-1/2 years old! They all played very well together. We also enjoyed the baptism of my brother-in-law Jason Mayer who was baptized Dec 24 by my father. It was a special family day!
No comments:
Post a Comment