I know this is a strange title on a family blog, but it has been on my mind for QUITE some time! Yes, Eli Douglas also has Eczema just like his older brother...ONLY WORSE! He has spots on his back, elbows, calves,and cheeks! It has been my Full Time job to try and keep him slathered up with lotions, creams, buying the right "soap free" bath soaps and using the right detergents on our clothes! I was fed up!!! At the worst falre-up points his poor little arms were oozing. I felt so horrible. Even Carter knew how bad it was and how worried I was. Whenever anyone talked to us about Eli in public Carter would respond, "He has eczema!" We all felt bad!
So I went for a natural healing alternative. A woman found Hilary Brooke Collection and wanted to do a review on some of my child products for her blog. So I started to look at some of the other things she had reviewed. One of the things she had reviewed was a necklace from Hazelaid. This company makes necklaces out of the wood from the Hazelnut tree. They say this wood, "has the unique property of absorbing the excess acid produced in our bodies when it is in contact with our skin." and supposedly 70% of all cases of eczema are due to high levels of acidity. I know what you are thinking, right, "babies shouldn't wear necklaces!" These necklaces are NOT a choking hazard and BREAK open whenever any pressure if put on them and the beads are very tiny as not to be a choking hazard. The necklaces are small in size as well only 11" long so he could never reach it and pull!
I was willing to try ANYTHING...so I told myself if it didn't work, I had a cute anklet for myself. BUT IT DID WORK!!! I got a prescription for a steroid cream the same day I received my necklace in the mail. I decided to try the necklace and hold off on the cream. (Who wants to put steroids on their 4 month old?) So he has been wearing his necklace for 11 days now and I would say it has cleared up 50%. He is so cute in his necklace, but the part I love the most, NO MORE CREAMS!!! Thank you Hazelaid I Eli's necklace!
These pics are from the day I put on the necklace...
Now here are some new pics from today...
It is hard to tell exactly how much better it has gotten, but BELIEVE me it is SO much better! He is so happy! I just love these pics! My baby is growing WAY too fast!
3 comments:
hi, Carlie shared your blog with me because my kids have such bad eczema. I noticed in later pictures he isn't wearing the necklace. Did you find it stopped working? Thanks.
No, I find that it is still effective. I take it off for nap time, and I seem to take most of his pictures after naptime...he is more smiley!! They say they can wear it for naps, I am just a worrier. But Eli is due for a new one. The sellers of these necklaces do say that the first one you buy lasts the shortest time, but after that they last about 6 months to a year. Best wishes...I love the necklaces.
Thanks for responding!
I tried ours again and have found a lot of success. It doesn't keep it away 100%, but probably 90% which is incredible!
Thanks for this post, it was one of the things that helped me decide to try it.
Post a Comment