Saturday, May 9, 2009

ATTACK OF THE RED FOOT DISEASE

This is BLOG worthy...and I wished I had taken a picture...Ugh! Carter went to bed last night with a slight cough. Then coughed on and off through the night. In the morning he woke up rather grumpy and whiney. I thought he was OK so we went to swimming lessons. After swimming he was shivering and ended up with a fever of 100.9 for no apparent reason. (I know I should not have taken him to swimming and I am a bad mom...but I REALLY thought he was OK) So he has been on Tylenol and Motin all day. Right before dinner we were talking on SKYPE with Mema and she said..."His feet are RED, what is wrong w/ Carter?' I looked at his tiny piggies all the while Carter grabbing his toes and saying "RED, MOMMY, RED" I finally got a good look at them and noticed they were not just red but BRIGHT red w/ BRIGHT red specks all over them. They were not hot to the touch just RED!!!
Hmmmm, I quickly tried to think of all the medical conditions it could be! As if I had heard of any "RED FEET" conditions. I thought this must be the cause of the high temp and it has finally presented it self. My Grandma says..."He needs to go to the doctor!" I almost agreed when Chris yells from the kitchen, "IT'S THE CRYSTAL LIGHT!" Carter was playing w/ some tiny Crystal Light packets I had in the pantry. Unknown to me one packet was open, and he had spilled it all over the kitchen floor and was walking his bare feet in it. THUS THE RED FOOT DISEASE!!! We all laughed! My little man cracks me up even when he has a fever!
We still don't know why the fever, but he has been himself the rest of the day. Hopefully he sleeps it off tonight!

1 comment:

Jessica 7 said...

That had me laughing out loud! Too funny.