Sunday, October 5, 2008

Start Them Young!

I decided with, some hesitation, to take Carter with me to the MSU Football Game yesterday. It was going to be just him and I. I was fully prepared to only stay a short time and just return home to finish watching the game on TV. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how much he enjoyed the atmosphere. For the first quarter he sat on my lap clingly tightly while eating pretzels. The initial shock of the loud noises from the band, crowd, and speakers was very new to him and startling at first.

Time went on and by the 2nd quarter he was standing on the bench clapping when everyone else clapped, throwing his hands in the upright postion when we scored, and dancing to the fight song and any song played over the loud speaker. We took a diaper change break at half time and headed back into our seats.

I didn't think he would last long, but the 3rd quarter came and went. This time sitting on the floor, trying to lick the seat backs, eating pretzels off the floor, and giggling at anyone that would smile at him. By the end of the 3rd quarter he climbed onto my lap and put his head on my shoulder and said, "Go!" I took that as the warning before a melt down, he was exhausted. As soon as we got in the car and started going he was sound asleep. I learned that with enough snacks and entertainment while being in the middle of a row with nowhere to go he was a great fan. I was so proud of my little Spartan!

We won again this week against Iowa, 16-13. Next week is Northwestern. The last 2 home games are big ones...Wisconsin and Ohio State. I will keep you posted.
(Carter would not stand still enough for this picture)
(Carter ripping his beanie off and running away from the camera)
I have been busy with work of course, and I am making bags most nights of the week. I wish I had more time to makes bags, I do enjoy it and I think I could sell more if I had more time.

Today we are watching General Conference, I am so excited to listen to the prophets voice. I always love this time of year.
One of Carter's Fav things to do is climb things, I know I have mentioned this before. But he climbs and now he jumps. He is a funny boy. Since this is dangerous, I have too keep anything that can be climbed off the floor. He is so proud of himself once he gets ontop of the object. I almost can't get after him for climbing when he gives me this face.....

He has learned some new words this week...Apple "papel", Please "Peeees" (he signs and says Please at the same time it is so adorable you can't help but give him anything he wants), Thanks "Tanks" (he still can't get the Thank You for signing but we are still working) and he is signing Turtle. He understands most things It is amazing, I asked him to take something to the trash and he was off to the garbage can, I ask him to find him bat and ball and he will go get them both, I ask him where his "Suckie" (pacifier)is and he says "Ni-Night" and goes to find it! Soon he will be carrying on full conversations w/ us. I can't wait! This morning he was stirring in bead and I heard him say..."Baby!" I layed in bed and smiled. He is so precious.

1 comment:

Jessica 7 said...

I love Carter's Spartan spirit! It is so much fun when they understand you and talk back. I like your new signature!