Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Busy as a Bee! BZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

The Title for this post comes from one of Carter's Books...It is one of those electronic books that happens to be Pooh. And the page with Pooh and his honey pot says, "Busy as a Bee, BZZZZZZZZ" Today was one of those days.

We started the day at 6:45am (Carter only wakes up that early on the days I am home, how nice of him!) and we got a lot done. First time in weeks I got my whole "to do list" done. Thanks to Carter taking 2 almost 2 hr naps. I exercised on the elliptical, cleaned the house, sewed some, put out fall decorations, and answered e-mails while he slept today. It felt great.

Carter was busy today too, we read several books, played with Play Dough, ran errands, walked Henna my parents dog (we are dog sitting), went to lunch with Dad, and went for a walk in the stroller. He was exhasted by the time Chris got home, and went to bed at 7:15pm.

Today was our first experience with Play Dough, I thought he was old enough not to eat the stuff. We also bought Carter's first pair of slippers, he picked them out from half way across the store..."Melmo...Melmo!" (Elmo...Elmo!) He enjoyed wearing those around this afternoon.

My parents are in Romania, Bucharest for the week so as I said we have been watching Henna their dog. Carter loves having her here. She wakes him up in the morning and he walks her outside. They play together and he is so gentle with her. He does try and sneak a bite of her food every now and then, but I keep it out of his reach. He says her name.."Nenna" at times it sounds a lot like "Nana" (what he calls my mom). Sorry mom.

We took Carter to the park on Sunday, It was 80+ degress. It was beautiful. He had a fun time and loved climbing up the slides, swinging on the swings and attempting to chew on the bark. We loved watching him explore and seeing his wheels turn.

CARTER'S NEW WORDS- "Cuk"(Truck), "Cactor"(Tractor), "Bi"(Bike), "Weeeee", "Ouch", "Do,Do" (poo,poo), "Bat", and he makes the sound for Elephant while moving his arm like it's his trunk. (He is a one man zoo with all his animal noises)

I am also adding some picks that I have been meaning to add for a while now.

Carter discovered Carrot sticks and Hummus last weekend. He loves it!

We put the matress from our bed in the family room to listen/watch General conference. Chris and Carter wrestled/tackled most of the time. That's my sleepy boy...snoring in the back seat!

I started a blog for my bags http://hilarybrookecollection.blogspot.com/ so check it out. I am planning on posting my bags after they are made and are up for sale. This will likely be temporary until I have enough inventory to get onto http://www.etsy.com/ I have been super busy with my sewing these days.

3 comments:

johnsmith said...

This weekend was a roller coaster of emotions. The highs included going to see Mcfly, the lows included weeping over Max’s funeral (Max of Hollyoaks fame). It was a relief to be back at work and back to normality. It was all going well until Charlie Le Mindu, our in-store hairdresser, came in on Monday morning.

-------------------

kesha

viral Marketing

jenhatch said...

he is such a cutie! I love the hummus face!

AND what a talker!! So great to see how many words he's got!! Nolan is now 20 months, and he's only saying 'dada' on a consistent basis, and has only said 5 other words!!

those bags are great Hil! I'm loving that red one... can't wait to see them for sale!

p.s. - so cool you were on Tip Junkie! Laurie is one of my good friends here - she's got an awesome site, huh!?!?

Jodi said...

Hey Hil!
How can I get my hands on one of those bags?? I'm gonna need a cute diaper bag here soon :)
I'm gonna send you an invite to my blog: http://www.jodigreeneyes.blogspot.com/
Glad to see all's well!
Love ya!
~Jodi