Sunday, September 28, 2008

While Dad is gone We will Play

Football season is a busy time. Chris is around in the evenings after 7pm and then on Sunday's and that is usually it from August until December (If we go to a Bowl Game:)). So the weekends are my time to spend with Carter, usually just me and him. And we like to play!


This weekend we went to Nana's. My mom lives 45 min away from us so their home is a nice get-away. After work on Thursday we spent the night at my parents and stayed until Saturday Morning. I took Friday off from work to help mom w/ her garage sale. I sold some things, but this was the biggest sale I have ever seen take over the garage. (I should have taken a picture of all the "junks and jollies" we were selling) It was a fun day and Carter loved trying to run away from me every time I put him down. He got to run around in her yard and play w/ the dog. It was a good day.



Carter is expanding his vocab daily it seems. Now when I ask him what certain animals say he has a response...."cack, cack" for a duck, "moo, moo" for the cow, "baa, baa" for the sheep, "woof, woof" for the puppy, and he snorts for the pig, and my personal favorite "eee,aaahh" for the monkey. We have been working hard on what a monkey says because that is the costume we chose for Halloween this year. (Perfectly fitting for my little man if you ask me) He is my ADORABLY FUNNY little monkey.



He has also started to say my least favorite word..."NO" Usually he just shakes his head no, but he has discovered the word. He knows exactly when to use it. He also says "cracker" and "bibby". I think that is all the new ones for now. Maybe I am forgetting some.



Well, Michigan State University Football team won another game yesterday. MSU 42 and Indiana 29. This coming Saturday they play Iowa at home. It's homecoming. Should be fun. I just wish Carter could sit still enough to go to the games. Maybe next year.
Javon Ringer- Running Back

Otis Wiley-Strong Safety

GO Spartans!

2 comments:

Shireen said...

Hilary, I don't know if this is a repeat, I typed you a long message, but I think it got stuck in Googleland. We spent time with your mom, dad and sister today. It was nice. I love your bags and have three fabrics I was wondering if you could look at to see if they will work. Maybe you could make some for my friends for Christmas. Emily said they are $45. Amy Butler had a black fabric with flowers in her Faded China collection on the top left and Alexander Henry had Afternoon Delight and Leis, Luaus and Alohas that I liked too. Take a look at them and let me know if they would work. Your son is growing so fast, he is a doll. I'll bet Chris is busy with football season. Sending love to all of you from Iowa - Shireen p.s. I use shireen.deeds@westernunion.com 24x7 if you want to e-mail me. : )

Jessica 7 said...

It's nice that you can go to your mom's to hang - especially with Chris being so busy! I'm sure your parents can't get enough of Carter.