So much to blog so little time. I have been so busy I have gotten away from this blogging thing. I wanted to do better at this, but life is crazy around here.
Chris and I celebrated our 3rd Anniversary on August 26th by going to "The Melting Pot" in Novi Michigan. It was great cheese, meat, and chocolate fondue. It was nice to just spend time w/ him without having to feed a little mouth next to me. Each day that goes by I am even more happy that I married Chris. He is perfect for me.


Carter is now 15 months old weighing in at 20lbs 15 oz (8th %tile for wt) and 30-3/8" (25%tile for Ht) tall, and on the fast track to the "terrible two's". He is a busy boy, who loves to climb and jump off of things. He keeps all of us hopping. His vocabulary is expanding everyday it seems. New words...PaPa, baby, football, yeah, thanks, baseball, boo,wow and there are still some unidentifiable words he uses for things. He is signing dog, bird, please, more, milk...and really working on thank you. I have been working on that one for a long time, and he just laughs at me.
We are handling the egg allergy pretty well. The pasta was the biggest hang-up, but we have found several that are egg free. And since we don't make a lot of baked goods ie cakes, cookies, muffins etc we haven't had to be creative just yet.
A couple of Carter's other new tricks, he raises his hands in the air whenever some says touchdown! He is also putting his toy golf balls on his tee and swinging the club as hard as he can to shoot the ball across the room. Thanks DAD!

Yes, we are hoping he becomes a Dr. he is wearing a toy stethascope around his neck. He loves this toy.

And we love his CHEESEY grin!
Carter also will "Dust It off", to explain...when ever he hurts himself we will say, "Dust It off" and he brushes his head w/ his hands and he is usually over it. (I need to catch this one on camera! It is hilarious!)
Here is our little man in his "Toy Tub", he likes to climb in and get at all the toys he hasn't seen in awhile. He also started a new thing where he wants me to put different clothes from the laundry basket on him, clothes that are not his. For example...my sports bras, daddy's socks, my shorts etc. It is hilarious and I am trying to get a picture of this one too.
I have also posted some pics of Labor Day at my sister-in-laws Holly's House in Cold Water Michigan. Chris had to work, but Carter and I played hard.






Chris is still very busy w/ football season. He travels with the team and they work him 6 days a week. They travelled to Cal Berkley and he had a very long weekend and we were sad to lose that game. Then we played Eastern Michigan and were glad to have beaten them. Last weekend we beat Florida Atlantic 17-0. So our record is 2-1. Big game this weekend against Nortre Dame at home. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend, I have my 10 yr High School reunion that night.
MSU vs Cal

Just some pictures from what Chris has been up to. We miss him when he's not here, but he is finished up with his Master's in December. We hope the right job comes along. Just catching you up with our happenings. Not too exciting, but it's life.
8 comments:
I love all those pictures, and a great update too. I have a friend whose son is allergic to eggs, and she recently told me that you can use 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed and 3 Tablespoons of water mixed together to substitute one egg in baked goods. I thought I would pass on the info.
Thanks Lori, I have not even started to look into that, but I am sure my day is coming.
Hi!
My 19 month old son is allergic to soy,peanuts,eggs,wheat and dairy. I started a website www.spewdfree.com where all of the recipes are free of soy,peanuts,eggs,wheat and dairy. We have a great egg replacer recipe if you are going to bake something.
Thanks,
Heather
It sounds like life is so good for you Hil! I am so thrilled for you.
such a cute little man Carter is! And I love the Melting Pot, yummy!
Your little guy is such a little STUD. Love his cute smile and his teeth. I just saw your blog on my sisters and thought I would say hi. You guys look great!
Happy Anniversary! Three years already. Time goes by so fast. Carter is super cute and getting bigger with every picture you post. It sounds like life is pretty exciting in Michigan. I'm glad you guys are doing well.
The picture of Carter all tuckered out in the wagon is adorable! I've always wanted to go to The Melting Pot. We'll have to get ourselves there - it looks so good!
Post a Comment