Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Carter's First Easter


Happy Easter to everyone. We had a lovely day. I spoke in church and we enjoyed hearing all the beautiful voices from the choir. After church we went to Chris' parents home 30 minutes away. We enjoyed a yummy dinner and Carter got two Easter Baskets. The Easter bunny visited grandma's house too. No Candy in his basket, just books, his first baseball mitt, puffs and a new shirt. He loved it. He is so much fun. His teeth are doing better and no more bruise. I notice the tiny chip because he smiles so BIG all the time and I know it's there. We have learned from the tooth incident and there is no longer a shelf on the entertainment center.

Carter has started to mimic everything his Daddy does. Chris shakes his head, and so does Carter. Chris clicks his tongue, Carter follows. Chris makes the fart noise w/ his tongue, Carter makes thes same noise...and doesn't stop. It is so cute, really. It quite a treat to watch the relationship Carter has with his Dad. Every day when he hears the door unlock, it doesn't matter what he is playing with...he looks at the door...smiles his BIG smile...and starts to laugh. He gets so excited to see his Daddy.

Carter has also discover Baby Einstein videos and will watch them without a peep. We don't do it too often, but when you absolutely need to get something done...Baby Einstein works great for our busy little boy. He is also enjoying the finger foods...Tofu cubes...green beans...cheese. This kid is a HUGE blessing to us. We cherish every moment we have w/ him.
I have to admit something...I do no cherish those night time feedings. No...HE DOES NOT SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT! So, we are on a mission this week. No more nursing at night. I may get no sleep this week and I am going to hate hearing him cry, but it is TIME. I want him to sleep through the night SO BAD! This mom is tired. Chris is helping out and we are working hard at it. Day one was last night..12:30 am - - woke up, Chris changed his diaper and put him back in bed. He was not happy, but eventually fell back to sleep. 4:00 am- -woke up, I get up for work at 4:30 am so I just nursed him so Chris wouldn't have to feed him before taking him to the sitter. 7:00 am- -woke up, fell right back to sleep, then woke up at 8:15 am. Tonight is day two. We will see how this goes. I don't work tomorrow, so no 4am nursing.
I am throwing a party the night he sleep all night. I hope I can hold strong and make it through the tears from my punkin.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

You did such a good job on your talk. Carter looks adorable and I hope hope that everything goes well for you in getting Carter to sleep more. Good luck. You can do it! Don't give up!