Sunday, August 15, 2010

Random thoughts...

I stayed home from church today with another "scary" infection.  Only this time on my bicep.  The third time since Eli was born.  The first two were on my abdomen.  I will spare all of the gory details, but I finally ended up in the ER on Thursday night August 12th and am on 2 antibiotics and doing 4-6 hot compresses daily. 

The timing was perfect when I was supposed to cover at work three days in a row.  Due to the severity of the infection I unfortunately had to call into work.  Hopefully the girls at work will forgive me on this one.  Believe me, I'd rather be at work that deal with what I have going on...IN A HEARTBEAT!

Monday I return to my PCP and then I will be referred to a Specialist.  Not fun at all!  Painful and scary with 2 little boys and one Big boy at home!  Let's just say that my hands are raw and the house smells like Clorox Bleach Wipes!!!

So I have quarantined myself for the past 4 days and I think now I am on the upswing.  It has been stressful and my anxiety has reared its ugly head, but hopefully I will recover fully and NEVER have this occur again!  The upside, I have been able to spend some quiet time with just me and Eli.  Which hopefully he has enjoyed as much as I have.  He is such a sweet and content baby.  Right now as I am writing he is sucking on his baby gym listening to the choir on the TV.

No comments: