What a whirlwind it has been in the last 8 weeks. We have laughed and cried and laughed some more. It has been quite an adjustment for the whole family since Eli has joined our family. Everyone has adjusted a little differently, but we all have adjusted. I am now staying at home with my two boys. The days of working outside of the home full time have ended for now and I am excited to say I will be at home. The blessings of this decision have already started to pour in. I will however be working at home. Hilary Brooke Collection and our fabric store on etsy HBfabrics (Hilary Brooke Fabrics) have been very busy and we are hoping will start bringing in even more now that I will be at home. It has been a real adjustment going from 1 to 2, and from being at work receiving respect and a paycheck to staying at home working just as hard (if not harder) with days where I feel nothing gets checked off the list and the paycheck is non existent. But everyday has gotten better and we are figuring it out. I am NO super mom by any means, but I feel good at the end of the day when I can say that I sure am trying.
Besides the adjustments, we have been busy with other things as well. Dr's visits have been our main attraction during this maternity leave. Yes, Dr's visits for either myself, Carter or Eli weekly since Eli's birth. I deloved 2 spots on my stomach one after the other that had some complications and sparing all the gory details we have been packing an open wound in my stomach for close to 6 weeks now. Thanks to my dear sweet loving husband for spending that time with me each day packing my wound. It has been frustrating to say the least, but I am on the mend.
Carter AKA "Captain Sensitive" developed a contact dermatitis after playing in the tall grass. It looked like he had red socks on his ankles. It was just from his ankles up to his sock line. We were putting calodryl and hydrocordasone cream on here at home, without any relief. After Carter scratching chunks of skin off his legs from itching so bad I finally took him him. His leg was swollen and had the beginnings of an infection. They couldn't tell me what had caused the dermatitis, but started him on a nasty antibiotic "Clindamyacin" 3 x daily, Claritin 1 x daily, and a steroid topical cream for his legs. Between his meds and mine it was $75.oo last Monday. So I have been on "Scratch Patrol" watching and making sure Carter doesn't scratch his legs. To help with this we have worn Dad's tall tube socks, wapped bandages around them and finally Baby Legs worked the best. Thankfully after Doctor's visits, many doses of meds, a blessing, clipping his finger nails, and Baby Legs the itching has stopped and his legs are on the mend. He was a trooper. I felt so bad for the kid when I would find hi laying on the carpet rubbing his legs back and forth to get some relief for the itch.
Besides Dr's visits we have done some fun things too. Storytime on Thursdays at the library. He loves Miss Jackie and Rosie the puppet. We have been having playgroups with some of the girls at church. We has made friends with Elle and her Mom Laci. We got a new double jogging stroller and we go on walks and runs around town. We also got a plant...OK it is like a Chia Pet but you grow hair and then cut it as it grows. Chris also won a bird feeder at work for Earth Day. This has been fun to watch the birds in the backyard and Carter watches out the window constantly to see if he can see a bluebird or cardinal.
We have been busy here at home and these boys keep me hopping! But we are loving every minute of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment