It all started with a fancy potty. I had been seaching for the perfect potty that was comfortable and colorful and most importantly would catch all the pee-pee. So I looked and looked for the perfect potty and it arrived in the mail. He was so excited to open the box and that got the ball rolling. I ordered the Prince Lionheart Potty Pod. This is a new potty I found and it has a soft cushy seat that Carter loves and blocks the pee-pee just great.
Then mom (Nana) got a great idea called the "Potty Prize Jar" so we headed to the store to buy little dollar prizes that he gets to pick once he makes pee-pee in the potty. He was very excited to give it a try. Once he got a prize he started to understand the game. Now poo was a bit more difficult. So we upped the anty a bit, 2 prizes from the jar if he went poo. That one is still slow going but he has had some success with it.
Nana has worked very hard with him while I was in the hospital with Eli. She sang a lot of songs, read a lot of books and helped him get his aim down. We owe her a BIG thanks! Now this boy can hold his pee and has such control. I even think he can make pee any time he wants a treat/prize from the jar. It is amazing. He gets so excited when he uses his potty and wants to show everyone the results in the potty. Then he asks, "You so proud of me mom!?" Then we respond, "We are so proud of you Carter!" Then he responds, "Thank you Mom!"
The prize jar was getting low so we headed to the store again, and Carter leaned over to me in the Car and said, "Mom we need to get more fruit snacks and chocolate for potty prizes." I then suggested to him we buy some more healthy snacks like dried fruits like boxes of raisins. He quickly replied, "MOM RAISINS AREN'T POTTY PRIZES, FRUIT SNACKS AND CHOCOLATE ARE POTTY PRIZES!"
Congrats to my "Big Boy" and being out of diapers and into underwear. He is growing up so fast! I am so proud of you Carter!!!!

1 comment:
Way to go Carter!
Post a Comment