Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Eli Douglas has ARRIVED!


So Eli was not coming on his own, so I was induced on Saturday March 13th at 11:30am.  Things went pretty well.  I was having fairly regular contractions and managing the pain until the Dr broke my water.  He broke my water at 2:30pm and then the real pain began.  I progressed to 4 cm and I was ready for the epidural.  I received the epidural at 5:30 pm and went from 4 cm to 10 cm in 2 hours and Eli was born at 7:29pm.  They had to use the vacuum on his poor little head and he was out.

He weighed 8lbs 8 oz at 21.5 inches in length, exact length as Carter just 2 lbs and an ounce heavier.  It is no wonder I was so uncomfortable when he was on the inside.  Things are going great.  Today he is 10 days old and after his checkup at the Dr's office he now weighs 8 lbs 14 oz.  Carter loves having his baby brother here and tells him he loves him all of the time.  Yesterday he even said "You're my best friend".  Sure his hugs and squeezes are a little rough, but he means well.


 Chris went back to work yesterday and I am on my own.  So far so good, but many more days to come.  Eli is just so precious.  Though he looks very much like his older brother, he has a personality all of his own.  He is very calm and layed back and just a joy to have around in our home.  We feel so blessed that he was sent to be a part of our family and I am so excited to be with him forever along with my other 2 boys-Chris and Carter.  I am one lucky girl.

6 comments:

Angie Cheney said...

Congrats guys! We need pictures!

Landon and Trinette said...

Congratulations!

Joe and Emily said...

So happy for you and Chris! I hope that you are recovering well and loving those 'boys' of yours.

Travis and Sherise said...

Oh Hilary, congratulations! It's always wonderful to hear that things went well and little Eli is healthy and happy. Hope to see picture soon!

Harris Family said...

CONGRATS!! I'm so glad all is well and Eli is home. I am getting very excited for #2 - you will have to keep updating so I can learn all I need to know. :) I'm sure you have a full plate, but I can't wait to see pics!

Carlie said...

Even though Malaia is sad not to be the youngest Edwards' cousin, just kidding! ;) We're really happy Eli decided to join your family! Can't wait to see more pictures of the little guy! Congratulations!!!!