Sunday, April 19, 2009

"Carter DO IT!"

The title of this post describes what we have been up to. He has found his independence. He wants to do everything even if he is unable. He is a very busy boy full of joy and at times mischief. Here are a few things we have been up to!


Easter we had everyone over to the house. Chris' sister Holly and brother-in-law Ryan spent the weekend with their 3 kids and Jon and Becca with little Lillia also stayed the weekend. On Easter morning they all found what the Easter Bunny had left for them. Carter was thrilled about his dried fruit and tub crayons.
Carter of course had a nice Easter outfit that as his mom I was excited about. However taking pictures is always torture. He dislikes it almost as I am beginning to. He had his own agenda. Here were my attempts.

I found a great pattern for a tie...I had fun making this for my little guy.
We tried a group picture with the cousins...what you see is what you get. You dress them up in nice clothes, but deep down kids will be kids! And we love them.
Chris' parents, aunt and uncle, brother Mark and Grandma Estes came over for Easter dinner. We enjoyed a great meal that Carter slept through. (he was exhausted from nursery and playing with the cousins) After the much needed nap we had a egg hunt thanks to Grandma followed by decorating sugar cookies (we missed you Nana & Pepa). Carter wanted to look for eggs without help. He did a great job.



He enjoyed the "beans" or jelly beans. Once he opened the egg he stopped there knowing he had better eat them quickly thinking mom would take them away. Which I did with the rest of his candy. He loved the candy.
He loved the cookies as well. Nobody wanted a bite of his cookies...decorate...lick...decorate...lick! He did a great job.He also wanted his own turn holding "Lilly" that is what he calls his baby cousin. He insisted on holding her himself. We had help him out.

I had a few days off last week after the long weekend I needed it. I enjoyed playing around the house on my knees. We made a tent...he loves to build it and hide inside.

We had the baby swing out for baby Lillia and had forgotten to return it to his closet...only to find Carter had crawled inside swinging it and saying "Bounce...Bounce"He climbs up everything and his new favorite is the bar stool. He sits up there like such a big boy. My baby is growing way too quickly.

He helped me unload all the fabric from my first delivery last Monday. "Carter Do It!" He would lift each one and stack it on top of the otherone only to knock them all over when he was done. Such a helper.
He helps or thinks he does with most everything. It has been warming up and Chris got the lawn mower out. Carter was convinced he was the one doing the driving...he was thrilled.
Lastly...(sorry so much pics...I take so long to blog that I always post lots of pics when I finally get around to it!) Carter started swimming lessons again. He could hardly wait to get in the pool. He kept grabbing my finger leading me to the pool before it was time to start. He loves swimming and going under the water.We have been enjoying the house here in Chelsea. Carter has room to run, we have more room to spread and a yard to play in. Chris finished paining the bathroom my mom started. It turned out great. I have done more with my bag/fabric business. That is keeping us very busy. Chris is still on the job hunt and we are keeping our fingers crossed that something will surface soon. We are happy just being together. I must admit it is nice having Chris around more. I love him so much and I am greatful for all that he does for us.

1 comment:

The Halladay Family said...

boys are so busy. I love Carter's Easter outfit, too cute. I was so excited to hear that you guys were heading out west. We will be gone the 17-21, so hopefully your are coming out earlier of later then that. We would love to see you. Email me to let me know more details. It seems like winter took so long, but now it feels like I have my whole summer planned and it is flying by.
Steph