Wednesday, February 11, 2009

THE EDWARDS HAVE MOVED...

Yes, we have moved out of our beloved condo in Okemos Michigan back to Chelsea. Chris has graduated and he is on the job search...My parents are moving to Romania with a nice empty house that needs to be occupied...so we are helping them as much as they are helping us. We have been here almost 2 weeks now and Carter is adapting himself quite nicely. He is now a master of the stairs, plays fetch w/ the dog's bone and is feeding the dog quite nicely, and he is doing great in his new bedroom. It has been a great transition for us and a blessing that we have such a nice place to stay.

The job search is hard right now...as we all know how horrible the economy is these days. The competition is high and the jobs are low. Yet, Chris is applying to several jobs daily. We have faith that something will work out in the Lord's time. I just wish I knew when that would be so I could relax a little. Honestly, we feel very blessed. I have a great job and I am able to provide for us during this transition period. Plus Chris gets some "special" one-on-one daddy time with Carter. (Chris likes to call it Daddy Day Care!) They have a lot of fun together. I always giggle when I come home to see what NEW thing daddy has taught our little guy. You should see Carter's football drills and touchdown dance. Are we brainwashing him? He loves it!

Carter turned 20 months on Saturday Feb 7th. My little peanut is 4 months away from being 2. It is going by so fast. Jamie my brother turned 23 today. Carter had to call his uncle and wish him a happy birthday. I think the only word Jamie could understand from his voicemail message was "HAPPY". It was the thought that counts. We are doing great and happy here in Michigan. We will see where the wind blows us and where Heavenly Father needs us to be. Only time will tell. But for now...we love being in Nana's House. Maybe we will get to stay here the whole 3 years they are in Romania...we will see what happens. We will keep you all posted.

4 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

Back to your old stomping ground...I'm sure the ward is thrilled to have you back! It is wonderful that things worked out for you to stay there during the waiting period. Hope Chris finds a job he loves!

Welch Mom said...

We miss your family, but glad you are doing well. I bet it feels great to be in a house!

Unknown said...

Hilary, we miss you guys a ton. Seriously, there is a hole in the ward now. The Edwards gap. Its going to be a tough one to fill.

Rebecca said...

Wow, I didn't realize you guys were leaving Okemos so soon. That is exciting to be done with school. Good luck with your job search and transition. We sure do miss our Michigan friends and look forward to reading more of your updates!