I had to blog this...Today I picked Carter up from the babysitters. His new thing is to throw little fits when it is time to come home from her house. He used to say "Momma" when I got there, not he says "No". He wants to stay and play and I come and ruin his fun. It makes this mommy feel bad, but I hear it is normal.
Anyway, he did not take his normal afternoon nap, so he was a bit tired. However I had to go to the grocery store for some staples. I knew it would be hard to make it through so I gave into his request for the "Dora the Explorer" video cart. (It was my first time) Things were going well and he was entertained for the moment. Until he saw the bananas!!! He loves bananas and he wanted one RIGHT THEN! I thought, "OK, he can hold a banana, no harm in that". He was happy just holding it and was sticking the end in his mouth. He was quiet for awhile, when I looked down to see that half of the banana was gone!!! He had opened the banana and peeled it back and began to eat.
So what do I do? Take it away...and have him throw a hairy fit in the middle of the store? Nope, not today! So I let him enjoy his treat, I just needed to get through the store. I went back to thr bananas (keeping them out of his sight this time) and grabbed one more. I told the lady at the check out to weigh the banana and keep it because my child had already finished his and we needed to pay for it. She could tell by the sticky mess all over his clothes and face that I was telling the truth. All I could do was smile at my little "monkey" I had to laugh! I came home and took a picture of my messy boy. I love this kid and he keeps me on my toes, I never know what to expect from him!!!
You can't see how much of it was all over him, but believe me it was EVERYWHERE!
3 comments:
I'm impressed that he actually peeled the banana, and I'm sure he was very pleased with himself!
That's too funny that he actually peeled it! I love that he loves bananas! Did I ever tell you the story about Dylan and bananas? I always put a banana in his breakfast. Well one day I didn't have them and oh mine! Not a good thing. This was when we were still living at mom and dad's house. Both me and mom came home that day with big bunch of bananas! It was too funny! Dylan still loves bananas in his wheat cereal in the morning, but luckily now, he will be okay with other fruit in it. I'll have to tell Dylan that Carter loves bananas too!
TOTALLY cute story!! And way to be so honest. That's why the cashier was looking at you - she was probably like lady, just forget about it! ;) And yeah, some days - let them have it - and any ole thing they want to get you through your errands.
And what's up with the Dora video cart!? I've NEVER seen those before!
My kids do the same thing when I come to pick them up from anywhere. Makes me feel like a totally cool Mom who has kids that just ADORE me! Ah, the things we put up with as Mommies!
Post a Comment