Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The UPDATE

OK, it has been way too long since I updated my blog, so here goes. The happenings....

- Chris is working 7 days a week/14 hrs a day- - -It's Football Season and Fall Camp, so we don't see much of him. Carter much less than me.

-I am still working 4 days a week only for the month of August I am working 10 hr days. I am so tired, between the 45 min one way drive my day turns into 12 hrs before I am even home. I have also gotten back into sewing and am making bags to sell. I got such good response from the bag I made for myself, that I have decided to make more and sell them.

-Carter is busy as ever and enjoying the life of a "walker". He is saying quite a few words, such as BYE, GO, BUM, YUM, OUCH, MOM, DADA, NANA, YEAH, DONE, AND PUP-PUP. We had our visit at the allergist last week. The news was what was expected, unfortunately.

CARTER IS ALLERGIC TO EGGS and cat!!! They did the skin testing and checked 6 different allergins-egg, pineapple, dog, cat, nuts, and one other one (I forget). The test lasts 20 minutes and the eggs reacted so quickly that before 5 minutes was up they had to wipe it off. He didn't seemed bothered by the quarter sized WELT on his back, and was tearing up the entire exam room just fine. They sent us home w/ instructions on avoiding all products with egg in them at all, and epi-pen persciption, and a recommendation to see a dietitian. Glad I had the 3rd one covered! We are shopping a little different and letting everyone know about the change. I just need some time to get a handle on this one. We are carrying around the epi-pen wherever he goes.

Otherwise things are great for us. Carter keeps us laughing and I need to get video of him on here when he is wandering around the house just jabbering. He makes me smile.

We are headed to the pool this afternoon. Carter loves the pool and usually does not want to leave after we get there. People are amazed at how in love w/ the water he is. He will throw himself underwater without reserve. He does not want to hold my hand and wants to play w/ the big boys. I should be in for a busy afternoon.

My camera has been w/ my parents on loan, and I will get it back tomorrow. I wil get some more updated pics on here. Until then....

5 comments:

Kirstynn Evans said...

Hey there. It was good to see you guys on Sunday. Looking fabulous as ever!!! Can't wait to see pictures. I also would love to see pictures of those bags. Where can I get one?

Curt and Naomi said...

Yikes, we are just entering the introduction of cereal and one food at a time...my fear is allergies as well. At least you have great background for handling this challenge. Do you guys have food allergies on either of your sides of the family?

Jessica 7 said...

So sorry to hear about Carter's allergies! Good thing you've got a dietitian in the family - you'll know just the direction to go. That's great that Carter is so excited about the water. Best of luck figuring out the allergy stuff!

Aubrey said...

Hilary! This is Aubrey...I had no idea that you had a blog! I happened to see "edwards family" or something on Kathy's blog and my curiosity got the best of me....I noticed that you had me linked as a blogger buddy, but maybe you did that before I made my blog private....if you send me your email I can add you to my reader list! I would have done it sooner had I known you were on here! (geetaraub@yahoo.com)

Anyway, I've been skeptical that my blog is ACTUALLY private...so are you able to see my blog lately(maybe I already added you guys and didn't know it?)...anyway, sorry, I'm a little confused, but happy to find you guys on here.

Sorry for the long comment, but Carter is looking very cute, I can't believe he's a year! Those are awesome family picture of you guys!

The Halladay Family said...

Hey Hil, It was great to get the update, I am so sorry that you are working so much, yuck. You should post a pic of your bags, I would love to see them, I get they are so cute. Take care
Steph