Sunday, April 27, 2008

Long Hard Week

It's been a long and busy week between Carter's tooth finally coming threw, Chris finishing up the semester with projects, exams, study groups and little sleep with me working 5 busy days we are ALL tired.

We spent the weekend with my brother Jon and his wonderful wife Becca. They just moved back from Rexburg (Jon graduated from BYU-I) and are now living in Columbus Ohio-just 3 short hours away. We had a great time playing cards, looking like idiots playing the Wii, and laughing at one another. Carter enjoyed playing with uncle Jon and aunt Becca. He would laugh whenever Jon said "Apple!" in his strange voice. We weren't sure what it was abuot the word "apple" but Carter would belly-laugh every time he said the word. We sure are glad they live closer. We have missed them.

The weather has been beautiful here lately...the high 70's all week. We even got out our summer clothes this week and Carter wore shorts. He definitely is a warm weather kid. I caught a glimpse of what I am in for this summer. We stepped outside to walk my mom to her car and then walked back inside, only for Cartre to quickly let me know he was not done outside yet. He just loves being outside, going on walks in the stroller and playing in the grass.

I am attaching some pictures from this week. The one of Chris w/ Carter was after a long day wih moommy. He was not feeling well and was exhausted. This is how he finally crashed while watching ESPN w/ daddy.

Carter sure does love to fall asleep for his daddy. Carter also was climbing in his basket that same day. He looked so cute I couldn't resist a picture. Here is my monkey in the basket. I played around with the photo a little bit.

Swimming lessons are going well to update you. We had to miss this week because I had to work yesterday, but the past two weeks have gone great. He loves the water and I am getting the hang of wrestling a naked baby in a dirty locker room. Carter sure does love the water and if he had the choice, would stay naked all the time. After baths it is extremely difficult to convince him he needs be get clothes on. This week we had him in his froggie towel w/ the hood and he was crawling all around the house w/ the hood still attached. Crazy boy.

It is Sunday night with another busy week ahead of us. Chris has some more "end-of-semester" stuff to finish up and I am working 4 days and throwing a bridal shower on Saturday. Carter's schedule if pretty packed too...play...eat..play...sleep...and play some more. He keeps us on our toes but we love every moment of it. He is the joy of our lives and we can't remember what we did before he came along. I am so grateful for my two boys...Chris is just the guy for me and makes me happy everyday I am with him.

No comments: