Since I have really slacked on the journal writing since Carter came into our lives, I am trying to keep up w/ this blogging thing. It is Sunday, and I used to think it was a day of rest...take a nice afternoon nap...have a good meal, etc. No such luck. We have church from 11am-2pm, so it is right in between two major daily events...Carters morning nap and Lunch. Sundays always throw him off. So I spent most of church wrestling mu busy boy. He was very happy as he got in a good nap before church, but he wants to move and get into everything. He had me hopping in Relief Society. He makes me smile, especially when he looks at me and gives me his BIG "chipped tooth" grin while trying to rip the pages out of the hymn book. I am not sure what I learned at church today, it is hard to pay extra close attention, but I was glad to be there.
Well, swimming lessons yesterday were a hit. We got right in the water and he was right at home. He started clapping and layed on his back. He even went under several times while we sang all those silly songs. He had a great time when it was time to learn how to use the wall and climb out. He gripped those little monkey toes to the wall and used his elbows and was able to get out on his own. The best part of the whole experience was trying to get him dressed and me dressed without him crawling around on a grimey wet locker room floor. I was unsuccessful. I got him dressed and sat him on a dry spot. He was too nosey and had to wander over to the next locker over where the woman was naked and trying to get dressed herself. By the time I looked up he was between her legs. That boy is quick and I was embarressed. We need to come up w/ a post swimming dressing plan, cause waht I did on Saturday did not work AT ALL. After I finally was dressed and had him in his carrier, he was sound asleep before I even made it to the car. He was so sleepy. We had a great time together.
So I have not updated photos recently...my new camera broke. I am working on getting a new one. New pics of Carter in his swimming suit will have tp wait another week.
Chris has been super busy w/ school work. End of the semester is always busy. Lots of project work, papers, exams and late nights. We miss him, but we understand I have been super busy w/ work as well. I started covering the open heart unit as well as the pediatric, cardiac and surgical units. Plus trying to pump twice everyday...I have been a bit overwhelmed lately. I am hoping things will get better SOON.
UPDATE ON SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT:
- - -He was doing so well even through the "cutting teeth" stage. Sleeping from 8pm-4:30am. Then he went back to his old ways. Waking up at midnight...3 or 4 am. Last night was the worst...he woke up almost every 2 hrs. I don't know what was going on, but I was EXHAUSTED.
----So...we recommitted ourselves this evening, if he wakes up before 5 am and there is nothing visibly wrong and no poopy pants...then we just go in his room...let him know we are here and give him back his pacifier and say good night. He went down at 6:45 pm...already woke up at 8:24 pm crying. I went in and let him know things were OK, he reached out to taked him out of the crib, I resisted and just said good night and gave him his pacifier...walked out of the room. Five minutes went by and Chris went back in to reasure him. Another 5 minutes and he had fallen fast asleep. We will see how it goes. This mom needs a full nights rest.
More pics to come...I will have lots when I get a new camera.
1 comment:
Oh, the joys of being a mom! You need to read Karissa's latest posting. It talks about how to prepare for being a mom and it's hilarious!
Post a Comment