I was worn out after last week that I needed the weekend to recoop! So I am getting to blog finally today! Carter reminded me all week of the numerous joys of motherhood. We started on Wednesday when he stayed at home with me and got diarrhea. A joy for both of us. Oranges are in season and of course he loves them, but his little sensitive bum DOES NOT! Mind you he gets diarrhea very easily and diaper rash just as easy. So we dealt with that most of the day and he continued to remind me each time that he had a "BUM RASH" with all seriousness.
Later that same daye we decided we would enjoy making some cookies together. I was being very careful and I had told Carter several times that the stove top was hot and that it would burn him. He was doing well and enjoying licking sugar granules off of his fingers. Until, I turned my back for literally one second and he touched the stove top. I heard a sizzle....I quickly ripped him off of the stool and threw him into the kitchen sink and started running the water and got ice in a cup with cold water. Before he could even get the crying and tears out he had his arm up to his elbows in ice water. Thanksfully he just got some tiny blisters on his 3 middle fingers and he wasn't bothered by it at all. But I beat myself up about it all week, thinking about what could have happened. Mom guilt was running high!
The next day Thursday Carter went to the babysitter Jeanie's house. She has 2 girls 3 and almost 5 I think and a 7 month old boy. When I arrived she told me hesitantly that Carter had bitten his son on the hand and that he had left teeth marks. He had never done this before. I was angry, embarressed, sad, disappointed and upset all at once. Carter openly admitted his transgression and stated that "Lincoln take my snack! I bite him!" We have several long discussions on the way home, the entire night, and then when his dad got home. We wondered is he understood...but when Chris took him back to Jeanie's the next day Chris said, "Now you be a good boy at Jeanie's today!" and Carter promptly responded, "NO BITING!" And today when I picked him up from Mary's she told me that Carter had told her she had bit Lincoln and that it has made his mom sad. I hope he got it! I don't want him to be the kid that bites!
1 comment:
yikes, what a month. You really started 2010 off with a bang, or in Carter's case and bite. Don't feel too guilty, in the span of one year Wes broke his arm, recieved 7 staples on th eside of his, and then 3 stitches above is right eye. He is terrified of the doctor, and I am terrified that DFS has started a file on us.
Post a Comment