I do not mean to complain, We have just been extremely busy and this mom is tired. On the bright-side...from the 24th until January 5th I am off work. We will be heading down to Florida for Capital One Bowl Game where the Michigan State University Football team will face Georgia. So the pay off for Chris' long hours is worth it in the end. We just miss our daddy when he is gone!
Just some updates on some recent happenings: Thanksgiving was spent at Chris' families. Thanksgiving morning Carter went bowling for the first time. He had fun running down the lanes and playing w/ his cousins. Carter Also enjoyed some whipped cream on this special occassion. Since he has the egg allergy there weren't many options for desserts, but he was JUST FINE eating the whipped cream as you can see.
Carter turned 18 months on Dec 7th (and is in nursery). It seemed like that day and ever since, he has grown up si much. It seemed like it happened overnight. He is doing some interesting things and definitely has an opinion and wants to be heard. Here are a few things from Carter's world....
-Dr's appointment Dec 10th weighed in at 22lbs 3/4 ounces, 32-3/4" long, and head circumference 18". 15%tile for wt and 50%tile for Ht.
-He has learned so many words now that I cannot name them all. Each day is a new word. Yesterday he said "Todle" for TURTLE, Chris is trying to get him to say Hospital it usually comes out as "os-bi-ble" or something like that. Also when I ask Carter, "Where is Daddy?" He responds very quickly "Fooball". Carter is putting 2 words together and gets his point across very well.
-He is climbing everything, including the pack-n-play at the babysitter. The other day he climbed up the computer desk. He truly is a monkey.
-He has also learned how to take off his own pants and does so when he wants. We try to stay away from elastic bands just for that reason.
-Carter is going to nursery now that he is 18 months...his first day was great. He left my side without even looking back. When we left church he was asleep before we even left the parking lot! He was pooped, but mom was happy. No more wrestling, for now!
-He loves to watch "Elmo's World" and "Little Einsteins" as much as I am anti watching television, sometimes that is the only way I get dinner made and on the table.
Gosh, I could gush about Carter all night long, but I won't bore you. He just makes me melt and giggle, while other moments he has so much energy I don't know what to do with him. He is just so curious and determined.
Last pic I will include is one of Carter and Chris looking at a Tiffany's catalog. Chris is starting him young! I had to laugh but he insisted on having daddy read this book to him that night.
We will keep everyone posted on our Florida vacation and job opportunities for Chris. Yes, Chris defends this Thursday and then he will officially be done w/ his master's degree!!! Yeah, we are so excited. We are on the job search, so hopefully something will come soo.
3 comments:
I love your new family picture - it's fantastic! Hooray that Carter's in nursery now!
Isn't it so crazy how fast they grow!!! My son just turned 2, it gets so fun when they start talking to you. So hilarious! You have such a cute family!
I Love the updates. Your Baby is growing up It's crazy mine too! good luck with the Job search and for all the exciting things to come in the new year. Merrry Christmas.
Post a Comment