Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Appointment with the ALLERGIST!



Today we had Carter's One year Dr's check-up. All went well, but I did bring this picture of Carter. Hopefully you can see why. This is what happens after Carter has anything w/ eggs in it (that I physically put in). This happened w/ a lasagna containing cottage cheese and egg in the middle, then with french toast, then with a quiche thing I made. We finally nailed it down to eggs. It goes away after taking a warm bath and washing him well, but the Dr was very concerned.
Sowe have an appt w/ an allergist because the hives are around his mouth and eyes, the Dr was worried about his airway closing off. So NO EGGS until we figure this out. He didn't get an MMR today because it contains egg, thank goodness we didn't do that. I will keep you updated on the EGGS! I am hoping it is nothing because I don't want to worry about food allergies and his safety, I worry enough as it is.


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Hilary! I am so glad you e-mailed me your blog. I am excited to be able to check in with you more often!

That is to bad if Carter has food allergies. I had them all as a kid but have out grown most... so there is hope!

Jessica 7 said...

Blah on the food allergies. :( Maybe he'll grow out of them! The pictures are all so cute, and you're looking fabulous! I hope Michigan has a nice summer for you to enjoy.

Heather said...

I hate eggs. He's better off without them! haha.